Assistive products for tissue integrity
Why test body support surfaces?
Assistive products for tissue integrity (APTI) are defined by the international standard ISO 20342 as "surface designed to interface with the whole body when lying down or adjusted position which is intended to protect body tissue".
Performance characteristics of body support surfaces are verified by determining technical parameters which represent the most important extrinsic factors in pressure ulcer development. Pressure, microclimate (heat and moisture dissipation), shear forces and immersion are seen as the key influencing factors.
Our standardized testing plans relate to the above mentioned parameters. This supports manufacturers to evaluate the characteristics of their product during development. The laboratory tests offer an objective and efficient guide to predict product performance. The test results may be helpful to reveal unknown risks and when designing clinical studies in a target-oriented way.
Berlin Cert offers individually compiled tests for each step of the product development.
Simply contact us – we will put together a suitable testing program for you.
We would be pleased to give you an individual quote.
Testing program mattresses and toppers
The following tests for mattresses and toppers are offered by Berlin Cert:
- functional properties, especially of foams
- functional properties hybrid systems, especially of foams
- function microstimulation systems, for each fracture strain and tensile strength according to DIN EN ISO 1798:2001-01, hardness drop based on DIN EN ISO 2439:2001-02 and compression set based on DIN EN ISO 1856:2001-03
- microclimate, microclimatic properties – transport properties regarding dampness and warmth
- pressure relief and shear forces,relative pressure relief and other relevant parameters as well as properties influencing shear forces (coefficient of friction, horizontal stiffness)
- Testing method PG 11-5 – sound level operational sound level based on ISO 3744
Testing program for seat pads
The following tests for seat pads are offered by Berlin Cert:
- microclimate microclimatic properties – transport properties regarding dampness and warmth
- pressure relief and shear forces relative pressure relief before and after continuous load testing and other relevant parameters as well as properties influencing shear forces (coefficient of friction, horizontal stiffness)