DIN EN ISO 10328
Testing of the structure of lower limb prostheses - Requirements and test methods
The test standard describes various mechanical test methods for prosthetic feet, knee joints and adapters used in external limb prostheses.
- Special dynamic tests for knee joints and prosthetic adapters
- Separate dynamic test procedure for prosthetic feet
- Static minimum strength and limit strength tests (for knee joints, adapters and prosthetic feet)
- Static torsion testing (for knee joints, adapters and prosthetic feet)
- Static tests of maximum knee flexion (for knee joints)
- Static and dynamic tests of knee joint locks (for knee joints)
The tests on knee joints and prosthetic adapters are performed in two loading conditions. Load condition 1 (C1) represents heel impact, load condition 2 (C2) represents forefoot impact.
The test loads of the individual sub-tests of DIN EN ISO 10328 are derived from the test load levels P3 to P8. These test load levels are expressly not to be equated directly with the patient weight. The test load levels are used to include an estimate of the patient's degree of mobility in addition to the patient weight.