Prosthetics and Orthotics
Berlin Cert is your contact for testing prosthetic parts and orthoses as well as their accompanying documentation.
Originally the testing laboratory for artificial limbs founded in 1915, Berlin Cert can now look back on more than 90 years of experience in testing prosthesis components. Our expertise is utilized by prosthesis manufacturers all over the world – not only when it comes to securing approval of products, but often also in developing new components or to improve on existing systems. Among other things, Berlin Cert is also accredited by DAkkS for tests according to DIN EN ISO 10328: “Prosthetics – Testing the structure of external prosthetics for lower limbs“ and is monitored regularly.
Apart from operational stability tests which enable your products to be marked with the CE sign as part of the conformity assessment procedure, our engineers will support you from the first time your prototype is tested.
Testing laboratory services for orthotics and prosthetics
our testing laboratory for orthotics and prosthetics offers:
- fatigue testing and static testing of axial loads
- torsional testing
- bending tests
- Determination of shock absorbing characteristics of heel cushions and insoles
- individual adopted test methods
we conduct tests according to the following standards
- ISO 10328 Prosthetics – Structural testing of lower-limb prostheses – Requirements and test methods
- ISO 22523 External limb prostheses and external orthoses – Requirements and test methods
- ISO 15032: Prostheses – Structural testing of hip units
- Internal standard operation procedure – Impact testing to determinate shock absorbing characteristics of heel cushions and insoles